The Minority in Parliament will be holding an emergency meeting in the House over the removal of its leadership by the executives of their party, the National Democratic Congress (NDC).
According to a press release from the New Minority Chief Whip, Hon.. Kwame Agbodza sighted by InsiderGH.com, the newly appointed leadership have held a cordial and fruitful meeting with Hon. Haruna Iddrisu on Wednesday morning.
He further revealed that a meeting has been scheduled tomorrow[Thursday] morning between leadership and party executives at the party headquarters;
National Chairman of the NDC Johnson Asiedu Nketia and the General Secretary Fifi Kwetey will be attending the meeting.
Below is his full statement;
Good evening Comrades,
Respectfully, I am directed by the Minority Leader to convey the following:
1) All legitimate concerns by colleagues have been duly acknowledged;
2) The newly appointed leadership have held a cordial and fruitful meeting with Hon. Haruna Iddrisu this morning;
3) That a meeting has been scheduled tomorrow morning between leadership and party executives at the party headquarters;
4) That the party leadership led by the National Chairman have agreed to meet our entire caucus on Tuesday next week, specifically on the 31st of January, 2023;
5) That based on the foregoing those calling for a meeting tomorrow should suspend their plans and await Tuesday’s meeting.
We are all committed to party unity and respect for our Caucus.
Let’s close ranks and work together to meet the expectations of the struggling Ghanaian people being suffocated by the cruel and corrupt Akufo-Addo government.
Kwame Governs Agbodza
Minority Chief Whip.