Black Stars winger, Christian Atsu has reportedly been trapped under rubble after a huge earthquake hit Turkey.
Multiple Turkish media outlets report that Black Stars forward, Christian Atsu, who plays for Hatayspor in Turkey, is among thousands of people left under the rubble of Monday morning’s devastating earthquake in that country.
The 30-year-old, together with the director of his club, Taner Savut, are said to be the subject of a search by the search and rescue team.
Atsu was in action for the club over the weekend in their victory over Kasimpasa in the Turkish top flight with the Ghanaian scoring the only goal.
A powerful earthquake struck south-eastern Turkey, near the Syrian border, killing more than 1,000 people as they slept and trapping many others in the early hours of Monday.
The US Geological Survey said the 7.8 magnitude tremor struck at 04:17 local time (01:17 GMT) at a depth of 17.9km (11 miles) near the city of Gaziantep.
Hours later, a second quake, which had a magnitude of 7.5, hit the Elbistan district of Kahramanmaras province.
So far, more than 900 people have died in Turkey and 500 in Syria.
Last September, the 30-year-old Black Star penned a one-year deal to join the Turkish side following a spell in Saudi Arabia.
Leave a Reply