There is an uneasy calm at Ejura following yesterday’s protest that led to the death of 2 youth with many others sustaining various degrees of injuries.

This comes after the youth of Ejura embarked on a protest for the death of Ibrahim Mohammed, well known as Macho Kaaka, a member of Fix The Country who was attacked by a mob in his house on June 25 around midnight.

Macho Kaaka was stabbed and had sustained a great deal of injury, leading to his unfortunate death.

Read also: Ejura protest: Body of shot protester being conveyed for burial pops up [VIDEO]

In the course of the demonstration for Kaaka’s death, the angry youths went to the Police Station to make an enquiry about the progress of investigations on his death.

After leaving the Police Station, the youth took to the streets to display their disappointment and frustration as to how things are unfolding.

According to them, Kaaka is not the only person in the area to have suffered such an attack that took his life.

However, military personnel deployed to restore calm in the area shockingly clashed with the protesters, firing guns into the crowd of unarmed protesters.

The unfortunate clash took the lives of two youth right on the spot as the two of them were hit with bullets.

One of the two who died on the spot is Abdul Nasir Yussif, a 25-year old farmer who doubles as a travelling agent.

He was shot in the left shoulder and his chest, causing internal bleeding which led to his death before they arrived at the hospital.

Read also: Tension at Ejura as “Fix The Country” activist Mohammed Kaaka dies after mob attack

The other one is Muntala Mohammed, a 26-year old motor dealer who was shot in the back through to his chest.

He was rushed to the Ejura Hospital with severe internal bleeding and chest injury. Be died ten minutes later even though he was resuscitated and transfused with blood.

According to reports, the first person who was shot sustained injuries on the thigh — his femur bone got completely fractured as a result.

He was also reported to have had deep lacerations on the thigh with bleeding into the muscle.

He was given blood upon arrival at the Ejura Hospital.

The second person, who was reported to have gone unconscious, had an injury in the right abdomen which affected his hip bone.

Two other people sustained different degrees of injuries on their thighs but are very stable.


Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 20 290 5827