Officers of the Ghana Police Service have arrested Dr. Stephen Amoah, Member of Parliament for Nhyiaeso Constituency in the Ashanti Region.
According to the Police Service, the Nhyiaeso lawmaker failed to comply with road traffic regulations.
According to an official press release from the Police administration, Dr. Stephen Amoah and six others were arrested for careless driving, dangerous driving and causing road obstruction among others.
According to the police, all the seven drivers including the New Patriotic Party MP, are being processed for court today, December 8, 2021.
Below is the official release from the police;
POLICE DESCEND ON V8 ROAD TRAFFIC INDISCIPLINE
ON 07/ 12 / 2021 BETWEEN 1600 AND 1830 HRS THE POLICE MOUNTED AN OPERATION AROUND AIRPORT BY – PASS TO ARREST DRIVERS WHO WERE NOT COMPLYING WITH THE ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATIONS.
DURING THE EXERCISE, THE DRIVERS INCHARGE THE FOLLOWING VEHICLES WERE ARRESTED FOR THE OFFENCES OF CARELESS DRIVING, DANGEROUS DRIVING AND CAUSING ROAD OBSTRUCTION AMONG OTHERS:
- DRIVER INCHARGE TOYOTA LAND CRUISER V8 WITH REGISTRATION NUMBER GN 5532 – 17, MR. JOSPEH BROWN
- DRIVER INCHARGE TOYOTA LAND CRUISER WITH REGISTRATION NUMBER GT 7059 – 20, HON DR. STEPHEN AMOAH
- DRIVER INCHARGE TOYOTA 4 RUNNER WITH REGISTRATION NUMBER GE 303 – 2O, MR SAMUEL A. ANIM
- DRIVER INCHARGE TOYOTA LAND CRUISER WITH REGISTRATION NUMBER GE 1611 – 17, EMMANUEL KOFI OFORI
- DRIVER INCHARGE TOYOTA HIGHLANDER 4×4 SUV WITH REGISTRATION NUMBER GE 14 – 21, MR. DIMINI ATUAHENE
- DRIVER INCHARGE TOYOTA LAND CRUISER WITH REGISTRATION NUMBER GN 3516 – 18, MR. DANIEL BOATENG
- DRIVER INCHARGE TOYOTA LAND CRUISER WITH REGISTRATION NUMBER GT 856 – 20, THOMAS ATINGA.
THEY ARE BEING PROCESSED FOR COURT TODAY 8/12/2021.
THE POLICE ARE VERY DETERMINED TO ENFORCE THE LAWS OF THE COUNTRY. WE CALL ON ALL TO SUPPORT US IN THIS ENDEAVOUR.